Tampa Adventist Academy has a rich tradition of providing quality Christian education to students in the Tampa community with the establishment of the first church school in the 1890’s. Mr. B.D. Gullet began as the first teacher. However, it wasn’t until 1917 that Adventist education began in earnest with the establishment of a small school and the hiring of Miss Euphemia Macaulay as the teacher with a salary of just $20 per month. From its humble beginnings the school has continued to grow and develop over the intervening years into Tampa Adventist Academy, a school that now has over a ninety-nine year history as being a center for providing quality Christian education that seeks to develop young people of character.
The school has been located on its present site for over sixty years and currently serves approximately 175 students in grades Pre-K through twelve. The student and staff population is richly diverse which provides a wonderful environment that promotes cultural diversity and understanding. Students comfortably interact in a positive, challenging and supportive educational environment. The school is a place where students excel academically, spiritually, and personally, where life-long friendships are developed and faith is cherished.
Many things have changed over the past years including the styles of student dress, the kinds of cars that are driven, the courses that are offered, the way classes are taught, and yet one thing has always remained the same----the constant commitment to offering the best that a quality academic and Christian education provides.